Food Poisoning Claim Awarded £2750 From Hotel | Middletons Solicitors | Andover Solicitors
A 42-year-old man who suffered severe food poisoning after eating a meal at a charity event at a hotel has been awarded £2,750 compensation.
After the meal he started to suffer from diarrhoea and vomiting. It took him two weeks to recover from the illness and he was weak for a further seven days afterwards.
A total of 90 people who had been at the charity dinner suffered the same symptoms.
The man was self-employed and was unable to work during the illness. He needed medication because he had lost so many vitamins and minerals.
He brought an action against the hotel. He claimed it was negligent in failing to provide or maintain adequate food standards and failing to provide safe food for its customers.
The hotel admitted liability and agreed to an out-of-court settlement. The man was paid £2,750 to compensate for his pain, suffering and loss of amenity.
Please contact Jenny McKellar in our Westbury office on 01373 865577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like advice about making a personal injury claim.