Salary: Subject to experience
We have an opportunity for either a Trainee or fully trained Legal Cashier to join our Accounts team in Warminster.
As a trainee you will be fully trained to deal with a variety of accounts and finance functions.
The Legal Cashier will be focused on providing support to the Accounts team regarding billing and managing payment activities.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive and have strong organisation skills
Skills and knowledge
- Excellent IT including Microsoft 365
- An appropriate level of mathematical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to hit the ground running
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and ability to prioritise
- Experience of SoS practice management system
- Knowledge/ awareness of Solicitors Accounts Rules
Responsibilities are broadly but not limited to:
- Comply with internal and external compliance processes and regulations (SAR)
- Ability to produce reports as required
- Dealing with all accounts matters necessary in respect of client and office ledgers, e.g. payments in/payments out; cheque printing; monies on account; deposit; interest; disbursements etc.
- Timely processing of client ledger transfers and write offs
- Weekly expenses payment runs and processing
- Timely processing of all client payments including: CHAPS, BACS, Faster Payments, International payments and Cheques
- Assisting with queries on the billing process for draft invoices prepared by solicitors/secretaries.
- Nominal office expenditure and petty cash payments.
- Daily Banking.
- Monitor client movements / balances and initiate the appropriate action. Attention to older client balances, following internal processes to return monies.
- Dealing with enquiries from members of staff.
- Assisting with month and year end procedures, including daily reconciliations
- Processing and monitoring of monies raised and paid to charities
- Plus other ad hoc duties as required.
Working hours – 09:00 – 17:00
Job Type – Permanent
Salary – Subject to experience